Tuesday 19 June 2012

Week 8- Email Activity: Review and update your PDP‏

Email sent to tutor:

Dear Vaughan
Hope you are well.
I am hoping this email is what you require for last weeks work.
I am progressing well with developing relevant skills.
So far the areas I have developed most are as follow:
·         develop my Management and Leadership skills
·         Improve technical knowledge e.g. about insurance industry & Risk
·          Being able to facilitate and solve problems quickly in an effective and efficient manner.

I have achieved this by doing the current course as well using Mind tool.com to build up on my management and leadership skills. I have improved my technical knowledge by carrying out daily/ weekly/monthly exercise of reading news and relevant insurance/ risk papers. I am also studying IF1 module of the Certificate in Insurance which is about all the laws and regulations within the insurance industry and this had given me a great insight and has assist me in number of daily activities within my role and number of technical documents that i have had to review.

With regards to facilitation skills I have now completed my LEAN training through work and have been given the opportunity to facilitate a number of meetings which have been very successful. I did initially shadow a few member of staff facilitation which provided me with better knowledge and understanding as how to apply what I have learn with in the course I had attended. I have been able to review a number of processes which weren't working effectively and work with various areas to resolve the issues/ gaps and implement new processes which are more effective/ productive and reduce waste.

I constantly seek opportunities at work were I can take on additional responsibilities and work with various areas to improve the communication with in the business and also gain new skills and experiences. An example of this is that currently I work closely with the business improvement team at my company to review work request and project initiation documents to identify any operational risk / control weaknesses before projects go live.


I hope this is satisfactory

Thank you in advance
Kind Regards
Mona Steele

Tutors comments:


Hello Mona

this is just an ongoing review of where you are with progress on the PDP. It is obvious you are moving ahead. Please bare in mind you don't have to complete every thing by the end of the course, a PDP is an ongoing thing and preferably stays with you through out your employment career.

Keep this review as it will go in to your portfolio.

Vaughan



No comments:

Post a Comment