Tuesday 19 June 2012

organisational activity


On Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am (organisational activity)

Currently I work at a very successful insurance company. When I initially joined the company 3.5 years ago, the companies focus was growth and expanding to various areas. However we have now reached our maximum capacity & become one of the top five insurance companies in the UK. The main objective of the company is now to become a best loved insurance company in the UK and my role has changed dramatically in order to allow us achieve this . As the company have grown so dramatically there has been a great need for risk analysis and especially with in claims area (claims sustainability). Within my role I am at identifying opportunistic as well as other type of risk and implement & monitor controls to mitigate these. The cost of claims has grown considerably due to compensation culture and one of my objectives is to identify leakage in any area and try and save company money. When I started in the company my role did not exist but now we are looking for extra staff to assist me & the business. I really enjoy working in a changing environment and having to constantly learn new skills to be able to meet needs of company. There are also numbers of projects that I carry out risk analysis on and this is also an addition to my role. As the company growing they needed to introduce new systems/ area and I'm involved in ensuring that the changes implemented doesn't have negative impact to the claims operation & all areas have been considered. With regards to Julia's comments rescission has affected every area of business and I believe this is why companies to ensure they have adequate financial and operational control / adaptable business plan to be able to survive. For example we use to have Bank section in my company however when the financial crises happened we no longer could keep that section of business open , however rather than making staff redundant , they were moved to other areas of business that had been successful .

No comments:

Post a Comment